You know, people want to say lame things like: "Fifty. It's the new thirty." And I want to say, sir, I knew thirty and you fifty are no thirty!
Fifty is waking up bruised or achy when you went to bed just FINE.
Fifty is confident about what I like to do and usually how to do it!
Fifty is seeing clumps, not strands of grey.
Fifty is re-reading books you loved at twenty and either adoring or hating them now...
Fifty is crepe eyelids that stay in a position for a few seconds AFTER you stopped rubbing your eyes.
Fifty is feeling like your mind is a pretty well-oiled machine.
Fifty is two plus generations.
Fifty is seeing yourself in the fabric of things and happy to be a thread.
Fifty is knowing grandmotherhood is approaching.
Fifty is understanding you will be forgotten in three generations and accepting this.
Fifty is vitally interested in moments in my day in a way I never was at thirty.
Fifty is reflective.
Fifty is standing and making a clicking sound in my left knee.
Fifty is pretty good at not being with people we don't care for; I suspect 60 is even better.....
Fifty is liking the clarity of my ethical stance. I know what is wrong, what is questionable, etc.
Fifty is seasoned.
Fifty is tender and a terror.
Fifty is no-nonsense and do not bullshit me.
Fifty is perspective; this too shall pass.
Fifty is I-better-impress-this-upon-my-kids-NOW!
Fifty is a sestina not a sonnet.
Fifty is blown glass not high fashion.
Fifty is the ability to cherish.
Fifty is having watched someone grow up.
Fifty is still intrigued.
DAYS TO 50: 433.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment