This is a new pursuit. But then so is turning 50.
While I have played with the blog format for a few weeks at a time (vacation records, etc.), this represents a new commitment. I have decided to blog my way to 50, which for me looms 400 some odd days ahead. Okay, 440 days, to be exact. I am not sure what I hope to accomplish other than a daily writing practice and a graceful beginning to the second half century of my life, but there you have it.
Biggest hopes. I turn fifty and accomplish my 50 year goals in 50 minutes a day:
....I am fifty pounds lighter (20 minutes of daily exercise)
....I am completing a 300 page novel (15 minutes of daily writing - not including the blog) plus the month of July (I am a teacher!)
....I am a better Spanish speaker (10 minutes lesson via daily e-mail and general practice at work)
....I am calmer wife/mother/teacher (5 minutes of meditation daily)
Biggest fears.
....I get nowhere on the above because of lack of willpower
....I can't complete this project because of lack of willpower
....I don't make it to 50 at all
Well, this is just about as much "beginning" as one can take on one New Year. Besides, I need to go find that daily Spanish site.
¡Besos!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

If you can accomplish 10% of this, it will be phenomenal. Good luck indeed!
ReplyDeleteme encanta! estoy aquí para apoyarte con el español y leer tus borradores cuando quieras. un beso guapa, jeanna
ReplyDeleteYou go, mujer!
ReplyDelete