Monday, February 8, 2010

My Baby is 19!

Nearly not a teen.

Well, I was there at the beginning. A regular Wednesday when I was finishing making curtains. Curtains. The first and last I would ever make. Nesting. I remember Katherine painting a room red days before Tobi was born...

It commenced. I called Joe. We decide t see GODFATHER III, which I hear was bad. I was out of the room throwing up so much and having mini contractions, I didn't really notice.

Dinner later on Van Ness and the radio playing David Bowie's "Changes." Yah think?

Walking, rocking, visualizing, endless Thursday.

Being measured. Not enough. Disappointment. Calling our birthing teacher. Eat soup, have wine, relax. 2 AM big contractions, biting Joe, pain, driving through the Castro as the bars let out. Worrying about wrecking John and Jean's car. Stop/Start.

Hospital room like the broom closet. Pushing, pushing, pushing. Monitors. Signing forms while pushing.

Finally, beautifully, you. 5:29 AM. Dawn.

DAYS TO 50: 402.

No comments:

Post a Comment